With the warmer weather on the way, now is probably a good time to post up some detailed, and very honest, reviews of campsites along the route. The reviews were completed by an anonymous walker who forwarded his campsite experiences onto us so that they can hopefully benefit other Pennine Way campers!
The campsites all have a brief review along with the prices, and are then graded in three criteria:
1. Walkable to pub?
2. Likely to be quiet by 11pm?
3. Quality of the showers and washing areas.
The campsites reviewed are as follows:
- Edale (Fieldhead)
- Crowdon (Camping and Caravanning Club Site)
- Mankinholes (Cross Farm)
- Ponden (House)
- Malham (Miresfield Farm)
- Horton-in-Ribblesdale (Holme Farm)
- Hardraw (Cart Horse)
- Tan Hill (Pub)
- Middleton-in-Teesdale (Daleview)
- Dufton (Grandie Caravan Park)
- Alson (Tyne Willows Caravan Park)
- Greenhead (Holmehead Guesthouse)
- Bellingham (Demesne Farm)
- Byrness (Border Forest Caravan Park)