The PENNINE WAY ASSOCIATION is a registered charity run entirely by volunteers. It was founded in 1971 as “a focus of public interest” in Britain’s first and finest long distance footpath.
We constantly liase with environmental organisations such as Natural England and National Park Authorities to ensure the integrity of this remarkable National Trail.
The PENNINE WAY ASSOCIATION influences decisions on controversial proposals, for example by giving evidence at public enquiries. We also campaign for local refurbishment of signs, stiles and bridges.
Our member base ranges from:
- Accommodation providers along the route
- County, borough and parish representatives
There are also members of the PENNINE WAY ASSOCIATION who represent our interests through associated organisations such as:
- Ramblers Association
- National Park and Countryside Ranger Service
- Youth Hostels Association
- Peak and Northern Footpaths Association
Benefits of Joining
Joining the PENNINE WAY ASSOCIATION will provide you with:
- Advice on walking the route – a personal service.
- Two newsletters every year. (To view a sample newsletter please click on your chosen format: PDF or DOC)
- Chance to contribute your views at our meetings in Leeds.
- Annual walk on part of the Pennine Way followed by optional accommodation and evening meal with fellow members of the association.
And above all, the knowledge that you are sustaining the long term future of what we consider to be England’s finest Long Distance Trail.